Starting Your Presentation
Presenting on Glisser is an easy and hassle-free process. This guide will run through the process of presenting and which shortcut keys you can use for specific features.
- After you’ve logged into your Glisser account, select the session that you wish to present from within your session tab or from within your event. You can also search for a specific session title using the search bar within the top right-hand side of your screen.
- A sidebar will appear on the right with a list of the possible actions that can be performed for this session.
- On the sidebar, select Present From Start.
Navigating Your Slide Deck
Your presentation can be presented using a single laptop or this can be connected to the main screen, however, for large events, it’s recommended that at least two laptops are used with a switcher (for more details, see the guide on AV and WiFi Setup).
Once you have entered a session, a slide will appear displaying your custom URL code – your audience should be prompted to type this into their web browser on their device (Google Chrome or Safari for example). You can either use a keyboard or a clicker to move forward or back through your presentation.
At any point during your presentation, you can switch between your slide view to your Q&A view by pressing the 3 hotkey on your keyboard. This will show the audience submitted questions, ordered by the audience likes.
When you reach a poll slide it will show the question to the audience. Allow them time to answer, before pressing the space bar to reveal the live audience results (so the results will update as users continue to vote). Pressing the space bar once more will pause the results.
If you are presenting a quiz poll (with a correct and incorrect answer), pressing R on your keyboard will reveal which of the answers are correct and which are incorrect.
If your presentation contains any polls with right/wrong answers then a leaderboard feature will be available on the live view. To access the leaderboard at any point throughout your presentation (after at least one right/wrong answer poll has been presented) hit the 6 key on your keyboard.
Team Slide Management
When creating your presentation, it is possible to have multiple people from different accounts managing/ editing a copy of that presentation.
In order to enable this feature
- Click the presentation you wish to edit
- On the right-hand side, turn on ‘Team Presentation’.
- Once you have enabled ‘Team Presentation’, select the ‘Team’ icon on the left-hand side
- Select ‘Invite Members’ to add email addresses of the team members. (Picture of toggle of next to ‘Team Presentation).
- All invited members, including admin, are able to view and edit their version of the presentation.
To view the full list of hotkeys, have a look at the support article on keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.