When handling client data, security is of great importance, and Glisser provides multiple layers of it.
Under ‘Data Security’, the presenter will see these options listed. They are as shown in the image below:
ID capture enables you to collect the ID of all of the delegates in the form of an email address or Unique ID, when delegates sign into the account. A unique ID can be used if you would like to capture full names, or student ID’s for example. If you would prefer to keep data anonymous, then you can set the ID capture to Off.
Tip: Capturing e-mail addresses gives delegates the ability to download relevant slides after the presentation, for later use.
Enabling GDPR consent permits an event planner to request that a delegate agrees to the terms and conditions upon entering the session or event. This provides you with security, ensuring no data is copyrighted. You may add up to seven GDPR terms for delegates to approve or deny.
If you require your delegates to sign a GDPR consent form:
- Click the presentation of interest, then click ‘Edit presentation’.
- On the right hand side, click the ‘Data Security’ tab
- Ensure that the ‘Capture GDPR Consent’ toggle is turned on (indicated by an orange toggle)
- To amend GDPR settings, select ‘GDPR settings’ and add the terms you wish your delegates to abide by
- Once your terms have been amended/added, click ‘save’.
Whitelisting allows you to choose specifically who may attend your event. Any delegates that do not have access will be informed that they enter. Please see our whitelisting support article for additional information.
As an alternative layer of security, you may wish for your delegates to enter a pin, in addition to their email address to enter a session or event. This pin would need to be shared before the event by the event organisers to ensure delegates can enter if it is a virtual event; or at the event itself if it is an in-person event.
To set a pin:
- Under the ‘Data Security’ tab, turn the pin protection toggle on (indicate by an orange toggle)
- Set the pin up to 20 characters ( includes numerical, alphabetical and special characters)
- The pin will be automatically saved and will be required for delegates to enter the Glisser platform
To ensure that no content is unlawfully used, downloaded slides can be watermarked with the delegate’s email address automatically. This feature ensures that any material unlawfully used can be traced back to the delegate in question.
When switched on it displays the audience member’s email address across each slide. This is displayed on both the live slides in their mobile device, and would be shown if they were to screen capture the slides. The watermarks are also visible on the PDF copy of the slides if/when the slides are downloaded.