Restream is a freemium cloud multistreaming service, headquartered in Austin, Texas. It allows users to simultaneously stream video content to multiple platforms and social networks, including Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, and LinkedIn. Restream don’t display your streams to an audience directly; instead, they send it off to your end-platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, Facebook and, more (which we then is displayed to the audience through Glisser!). For best set up settings see here: https://support.restream.io/en/articles/73108-best-settings
Setting up your Stream
- Get started with Restream by setting up an account on Restream.io.
- Once signed in, there will be a number of icons on the left hand side, click the icon ‘Destination’. button.
- Here you’ll be able to select from a variety of platforms that may want to stream to, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch etc. Click on the Orange icon ‘Add Channel’, and you’ll be directed to various streaming platforms. Note: if you are using YouTube you’ll need to ensure that your channel privacy is “Public” https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard.
- Here you’ll be able to select the platform that you wish to stream to (Note: You can’t select multiple platforms in one go, you must repeat this process for each platform you wish to stream to).
- Once you’ve selected the channel you wish to stream to e.g. YouTube, you’ll be required to sign into/ create your account. Restream will then request gain access, click ‘Allow’.
- In your Restream account, select the ‘DASHBOARD’ icon and you’ll see the platforms that Restream is connected to. You can switch the toggles on for the platforms you wish to stream to.
- Under your account ‘Settings’ (bottom left or your restream page) select the ‘WIDGET (BETA)’ tab.
- Under ‘Embed URL for website’, highlight the code after ‘token=’ and before the “. Copy this to be pasted into your Glisser session.
- Head over to your Glisser account and Edit the session you want your stream to be associated with. Under ‘Presentation Settings’ click the ‘Live Stream’ tab and select Restream as the stream source. Here you’ll embed the code copied from Restream. The box at the bottom will show the applications you are streaming to.
- When you are ready to go live, being by presenting the session on Glisser first (press Present from Start). Your audience will just need to access the session URL to engage (something like glsr.live/yourcode).
- Now head back over to Restream and select the ‘Live Studio’ icon from the tab to the left.
- When you are ready to being, select the orange ‘Go Live’ button at the top right of your screen.
- The live stream will appear on the screen alongside the presentation once your audience members have logged into the URL and you have began the stream. Note: it may take a few minutes for the stream to load for your audience, we recommend waiting at least 2 minutes and following up with a refresh.
- To end the live stream, click the orange ‘Finish’ icon, and the Live stream to the selected streaming platforms will stop,