Creating a Social Wall
Glisser allows the use of social media sites such as Twitter to be integrated into your event. Hashtags are commonplace at live events now, as online buzz is crucial in creating that all-important FOMO, and boosting attendance at the next event. However, events don’t trend unless you encourage your audience to tweet, and a live Twitter Wall or Twitter Feed is one of the best ways to view all of the related tweets.
Included in every Glisser account is an integrated social media wall, which can be brought up on the main screen, during or after each presentation, or on secondary screens around the venue. Meanwhile, your audiences can access the social media feed from their devices.
As simple as selecting your hashtag
The Glisser Social Wall can be switched on with one click, and your own hashtag added to determine the tweets it shows. You then have total control over when and where you display your Tweet Wall to maximise its impact.
Steps to add a hashtag
- Click on Sessions tab on the left hand of your screen.
- Click on the session you would like to amend and select Edit Session.
- On the right hand of your screen, click on Social Media. From the drop down menu click on the twitter bar to turn the option on. Equally, to turn off Twitter then click on the Twitter bar once again. As a rule of thumb, orange means Twitter is active, grey means Twitter is inactive
- You must then decide on an appropriate hashtag. We recommend using the same as your event URL, or something short and snappy that is relevant to your event.
- Your hashtag will be relevant for that specific presentation.
Display Your Social Wall
To bring up the social wall at any time during, before, or after your presentation, simply select 4 on your keyboard, or select the SOCIAL tab on the bottom bar.
Your audience members may also view the social media wall by choosing Social in the menu tab. And the tweets appearing will update live every 15 minutes.
One place for engagement analytics
By creating a social wall, Glisser pulls through all the Social Media activity around your event, based upon your hashtag, to give you all your Social Media data in the same place as your other audience interactions – questions, polls, feedback, and presentation engagement stats. One portal providing a powerful overview of audience engagement – a key indicator of event ROI.