The use of Glisser Stream RTMP can be managed by your production company or it can be managed by your team with a tool such as vMix.
vMix is a Software Video Mixer and Switcher that provides live video production solutions, used by many AV companies. vMix has various licenses available to suit varying use-cases.
Please start by opening your version of vMix and then head to your Glisser account and follow the below steps.
Set up Glisser Stream RTMP
- Within your session, turn on the Live Stream toggle in order to access the Live Stream Settings.
- Select Live Broadcast as the Mode and then choose Glisser Stream RTMP as the source.
- Scroll down to choose the Master View then select SAVE.
- Click on the Streams tab on the left-hand side of your screen, and click on the corresponding Stream. A sidebar will appear on the right-hand side:
- This sidebar displays the RTMP URL and Stream Key required to connect vMix to Glisser.
Connect Glisser Stream RTMP to vMix
- Open the streaming window on vMix and click the cog icon next to the Stream button in the main window. The streaming window will then appear.
- Select Custom RTMP Server from the Destination drop-down.
- Copy the RTMP URL into the “URL” box.
- Copy the GSTREAM KEY into the “Stream Name or Key” box.
- Select a quality setting – this will depend on a variety of factors including your internet connection and your viewers.
- We suggest clicking the cog icon to customise the settings. Below is the preferred configuration for Glisser Stream RTMP:
- Select an application – by default, the free FFMPEG is installed with vMix and provides high-quality streaming with H264 video and AAC audio.
- Once you are ready to start the stream, click on Start All. The button will light up in red in the Streaming Window and the main vMix window when streaming.
- In Glisser, a preview of the stream will display in the Stream sidebar on the right-hand side, alongside a Red Dot icon to indicate the stream is live.
- Go back to the relevant Session and click on the Live Control Panel, to access the green room.
- Once you are ready to go live, click on Go Live. Attendees can now join your session, and you will be taken to the Live Control Panel.
- Manage your stream for the duration of your event through vMixStudio. Please note there is a latency between 5 – 20 seconds.
- Once your event has finished, click on End Session in Glisser, followed by Stop Stop All in vMix.
- In Glisser, select the Stream tab and select the session:
- Recordings are displayed underneath the URL and Stream Key for the relevant Stream:
- Click on the recording and the video will open in a new tab. You can then play the video, or download it by clicking the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- The downloaded video will be saved as an MP4 file. Your video will be stored for 14 days, please ensure that you download this before then.
- A single stream for one session can not exceed 5 hours. If the stream is longer than 5 hours, we recommend splitting your content. For example, creating a morning and afternoon session.
- Glisser Stream RTMP Tokens do not expire upon use, instead they last for 30 days before requiring a refresh in the Streams dashboard.
- If for any reason you need to stop and restart the stream in your software, you do not need to stop the stream in Glisser.
- To get a new Stream Key, click on the relevant Stream and click the Refresh Token button.
- You can then copy the new Stream Key into your software and restart the stream from the software.
- This means attendees can stay in the session while you restart it from source.
- To get a new Stream Key at any time, please follow the steps above.
For more information on setting up Glisser Stream RTMP within Glisser, please read this support article.