The use of Glisser Stream RTMP can be managed by your production company or it can be managed by your team with a tool such as OBS Studio.
OBS Studio is free to use and must be downloaded onto your device.
Download and set up OBS Studio
- First, you need to download and install OBS Studio if this is not already on your device. Follow this link to download OBS Studio.
- Select the version to download according to your operating system (OBS Studio supports Windows, macOS and Linux).
- Follow the install instructions for your device.
- Once downloaded, we recommend that you get familiar with OBS Studio. Here are two tutorials that you may find beneficial:
Set up Glisser Stream RTMP
- Within your session, turn on the Live Stream toggle in order to access the Live Stream Settings.
- Select Live Broadcast as the Mode and then choose Glisser Stream RTMP as the source.
- Scroll down to choose the Master View then select SAVE.
- Click on the Streams tab on the left-hand side of your screen, and click on the corresponding Stream. A sidebar will appear on the right-hand side:
- This sidebar displays the RTMP URL and Stream Key required to connect OBS Studio to Glisser.
Connect Glisser Stream RTMP to OBS
- Select Settings and click on Stream.
- Ensure that Service is set to Custom…
- Copy the RTMP URL into the Server box.
- Copy the STREAM KEY into the Stream Key box.
- Save your changes and head back to the OBS Studio main page.
- Once you are ready to start the stream and record from OBS Studio, click on Start Streaming and Start Recording.
- In Glisser, a preview of the stream will display in the Stream sidebar on the right-hand side, alongside a Red Dot icon to indicate the stream is live.
- Then click on the Live Control Panel, to access the green room for that session.
- Once you are ready to go live, click on Go Live. Attendees can now join your session, and you will be taken to the Live Control Panel.
- Manage your stream for the duration of your event through OBS Studio.
Please note there is a latency between 5 – 15 seconds.
- Once your event has finished, click on End Session in Glisser, followed by Stop Recording and Stop Streaming in OBS Studio.
- Your OBS Studio recording will be stored and saved dependent on your settings. If you have not amended your settings then this will likely be saved in your Video files as an MKV file.
- In Glisser, select the Stream tab and select the session:
- Recordings are displayed underneath the URL and Stream Key for the relevant Stream:
- Click on the recording and the video will open in a new tab. You can then play the video, or download it by clicking the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- The downloaded video will be saved as an MP4 file. Your video will be stored for 14 days, please ensure that you download this before then.
- If for any reason you need to stop and restart the stream in your software, you do not need to stop the stream in Glisser.
- To get a new Stream Key, click on the relevant Stream and click the Refresh Token button.
- You can then copy the new Stream Key into your software and restart the stream from the software.
- This means attendees can stay in the session while you restart it from source.
- To get a new Stream Key at any time, please follow the steps above.
For more information on setting up Glisser Stream RTMP within Glisser, please read this support article.