About the company
Glisser is a VC-backed Enterprise SaaS platform focused on gathering data at live events through audience participation. It is headquartered in London, UK, with an office in New York City, USA.
From its inception, Glisser has focused on the importance of capturing data and analytics from live events, using audience participation to achieve this. Glisser uniquely shares PowerPoint (or Keynote/Google) slides in real-time to audience devices, then layers in audience participation, gamification and analytics.
Glisser has built a powerful, ready-to scalable software platform and has won over 300 large enterprise clients including BP, Amazon and American Express.
We’re looking to hire a Lead DevOps Engineer to work as part of our technical team. The successful candidate will take ownership of our infrastructure automation, playing a key role in the company by enabling rapid expansion of the platform.
About the role
The candidate will work closely with the CTO to establish a long term adaptive scaling strategy.
Key strategy milestones will be to:
- Automate our continuous integration and deployment processes
- Refactor the codebase to streamline configuration and environment dependencies to prepare for containerisation
- Containerise our platform for environment unification and scaling
- Re-architect our current load testing solution so it can test higher loads and conduct load testing investigations (peak and endurance scenarios)
- Implement a monitoring solution that identifies bottlenecks and production issues and automate the reporting of those for better business continuity
About the candidate
- Proven working experience as a DevOps lead or engineer in a similar field
- Able to demonstrate the skills required in scaling a large distributed system, the problems that arise in such situations and methodologies for overcoming those issues on both short and long term basis
- Must be familiar with industry standard technologies for CI/CD, infrastructure orchestration, load performance testing
- Must be able to demonstrate methodologies, data and test-driven approaches to solve high-scale challenges
- Experienced with: AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, JMeter, Puppet, Hadoop, NGInx, RabbitMQ, Redis, scripting with Shell or Python
- Very good knowledge of Linux, with Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS distributions
- Preferable – experience in NodeJS
About the package and perks
- We offer a competitive salary supplemented by a good slug of share options, at a company valuation that allows you to get into an ambitious start-up ‘on the first floor’.
- We’re not about micro-management – you’ll get a huge amount of control over when and how you work if it helps you deliver results.
- We’re a passionate team who will work hard along side you, getting our hands dirty, and giving you the freedom to contribute to all areas of the business. We’re really just shaping the company culture, so your personality will help determine the place that you work.
- You’ll get access to our experts and mentors as well as amazing offices in Central London as part of very sociable community.
- We promise, above all, to be nice people to work with.