How do I live stream to YouTube with a Mevo?
About Glisser LIVE
With Glisser LIVE you can live stream your event whilst making the most out of the interactive features of the Glisser platform.
Through Mevo, we currently support live streaming through YouTube and LiveStream (click here for the guide on streaming through LiveStream). If you haven’t live streamed through YouTube before, you’ll first need to enable your channel.
Setup your Mevo
First you’ll need to download the Mevo app on your device (phone or tablet). The Mevo app is available for free on the App Store and the Google Play Store. The Mevo app will be your user interface to configuring and using your Mevo.
Next, turn on your Mevo and open the app. The app should guide you through the process to configure and connect your Mevo to a Wi-Fi network through your device.
Setup your stream
Once you’ve setup your Mevo you can start to setup your live stream in advance.
- Click the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner to bring up the menu bar along the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the settings cog/gear.
- Under General, click Live Streaming.
- Select YouTube and sign in to your YouTube account (you must have enabled your channel for this to work).
- Complete your event options (quality, event name, privacy etc.). Please note that Private streams are not supported on Glisser LIVE, your stream must be set to either Public or Unlisted.
- Click Start Stream. This will take you to the stream dashboard and will not actually start your stream.
See YouTube’s Creator Academy for more information on live streaming through YouTube.
Fine tune your stream options
You’ll now need to log onto your YouTube account (ideally on a computer or tablet) to fine tune some of the settings and to get the stream URL for us to add to your Glisser LIVE page.
- Sign into your YouTube account on a computer or tablet.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner to bring up the menu and click Creator Studio.
- Click Live Streaming on the left-hand menu and click Events. The event you created on your Mevo should be there.
- Click Edit to view the event details.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab, and we recommend you set your Stream Optimisations to Ultra Low-Latency, and Added Delay to None. This will give your live stream the minimum possible delay from real time, this is typically around two or three seconds but is dependant on your Wi-Fi speed.
If you would like to add an image holding slide, click Ingestion Settings and set the Thumbnail. Do not add another camera as this will stop the stream from working within Mevo.
Send us your YouTube URL
Whilst in the YouTube live streaming settings, click on View on Watch Page in the top right-hand corner to preview the stream. Check everything is in order and copy the URL from the address bar and send it to us to add into your Glisser LIVE page.
Remember that if you update or change the stream URL at any point you will need to send us the new link to update your Glisser LIVE page with.
Ready to go live
Now you’re ready to go live, go back to the Mevo app on your device. Until you click Publish, only you can see the stream – don’t let the countdown scare you, that’s just a recommendation based on the start time you entered during setup earlier.
Once you click Publish your stream will go live and your Glisser LIVE page will update to include the live stream. Allow 10 to 30 seconds after clicking Publish to allow Mevo to sync to your YouTube stream (dependant on your Wi-Fi speed).
Get the most out of your Mevo
Mevo is a powerful little device, with some easy to use live production and editing features built in. Mevo allows you to zoom, pan, cut, and even has movement tracking.
The best way to learn is to play around with it for yourself, but have a look at what you can do on the Mevo website.